Saturday, September 28, 2024

Words, (Good, Bad)

 Do you know the words that you say have an affect on others? Whether they are good or bad words, they will affect them one way or another. Good words lift up and encourage. Bad words can tear down and discourage. So choose what you say carefully!

Matthew 12:37 Living Bible

37 Your words now reflect your fate then: either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned.”

Even the words you speak to yourself can have an affect on you!

When I'm at work and I do something that I know how to do and have done it hundreds of times, but this one time I do it wrong, I'll start calling myself names. "Well done stupid!" "That was a smart move, dumb butt!" Many more words I call myself when these things happen.

Colossians 3:8 Amplified Bible

8 But now rid yourselves [completely] of all these things: anger, rage, malice, slander, and obscene (abusive, filthy, vulgar) language from your mouth.

The problem with that is, this isn't how God sees me. He doesn't see me as stupid, dumb or what other negative adjective I use. He sees me as His child. Loved by Him. He knew me before I was born.

Ephesians 2:10 New Living Translation

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Did you know that you can't yell and scream at your children before bed and expect them to get a good nights sleep. 

You can't yell and scream at your children before they go to school and expect them to have a good day.

Words. They have an affect! 

You should be uplifting and encouraging to your children. Never speak harsh to them. I know first hand, that this can be difficult. Especially if you have a had a tough day yourself. You take our your frustrations on your children. That's not fair to them!

Ephesians 6:4 Living Bible

4 And now a word to you parents. Don’t keep on scolding and nagging your children, making them angry and resentful. Rather, bring them up with the loving discipline the Lord himself approves, with suggestions and godly advice.

So I encourage you today. Be wise in how we speak to one another. Choose our words carefully. I can still remember mean things said to me many, many years ago. Memories of words spoken to us can last a lifetime. So let's speak life!

God bless.

Rev. Kev.


No comments:

Post a Comment