Tuesday, July 21, 2026

One Year Later!

One year ago today, my life changed forever (for the good). After some mechanical difficulties with my last vehicle, my wife started researching a Jeep for us to buy. She found this yellow one at a local dealer. She made an appointment for me to test drive it. Upon pulling into the lot and laying my eyes upon this Jeep, I was awestruck! I loved the color and everything about it.

So I took it out for a drive, put an offer and viola, here it is, a year later. To say that I love this Jeep is an understatement. I have already had three oil changes on it. I drive it, just to drive it. This is probably the most fun vehicle I have ever owned and driven!

I have used it to move furniture. I have used it to minister to people. I have used it for everything, except go off roading. I have what other Jeepers call a "mall crawler or pavement princess." I don't care what you call it, I love it just the way that it is and the way that I use it.

So upon purchasing this Jeep, a couple of friends of mine mentioned that I should join the Jeep club that they belong to. I looked them up and put in my request. I was accepted and so it began. The most awesome journey with Barbed Wire Jeeps. Without this Jeep, I would not have meet some of the most amazing, awesome people there are. It's more than a club, it's family. I truly feel that way about them!

I have been a part of all kinds of events with Barbed Wire. Parades, Toys For Tots, Shriners, restaurant runs, and so on. Every time that we get together, it's like a family reunion!

Speaking of the Toys For Tots run, I also met some more awesome people from Jeeps On The Run! This is another amazing group of people, whom I never would have meet if not for my Jeep! I  have done a few events with this group as well. Again, another family reunion!

To top it all off, I decorated my Jeep with my favorite bands (Styper) logos. I had decals made for the front. I had a tire cover designed with the logo. Had back window covers made as well.

Anyway, 

About a month ago, Styper came to St. Charles for a concert. I was able to park close enough to the back stage door and the band were able to come and check out the Jeep and take pictures. What a culmination of what my vision for the Jeep was.

So God blessed me with my dream vehicle. I have wanted a Jeep for over forty years, and finally got it. So I encourage you to not give up on your dream(s), no matter what it is. Doing whatever dream that you have. Whether it takes forty years or however long, just don't give up on it.

God has blessed me with this Jeep. I hope that I have blessed Him with the way that I use it. I hope that I am using it for His glory!

1 Corinthians 10:31 New Living Translation

31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

God bless.

Rev. Kev.




No comments:

Post a Comment