Saturday, March 5, 2016

Bright Glow

My daughter and I were returning home from getting dinner the other night, when I noticed something, something that I never noticed before. We were heading south on route 23 from Genoa, when we could see a very bright glow in the south west. I asked my daughter what that might be. She told me it was probably NIU's football stadium lights. I kind of agreed at first, but then thought. Why would they have the stadium lights lit up this time of year, this time of night. We hit a flat spot on the road where you can see for miles and miles. As we looked, it turned out that the bright glow that we were seeing was actually the city of DeKalb. I have driven this way home many, many times and have never seen it glow like that before. I don't know if it was the cold crisp night, or what, but it was glowing pretty good. Now I know that DeKalb doesn't sit on a hill, but from that spot on route 23 it sure looked like it did. So of course where does my brain go? To comparing it to Jerusalem. I'm not comparing the cities to each other, not at all. Just thinking about how Jerusalem is a city on hill it's light can be seen for miles and miles around. A city on a hill that can be easily seen. Then I started thinking about myself. I don't want to hide the light of Jesus. I want to let it shine brightly. I don't want to cover it with a bushel or basket or anything else. I want to put it on a stand for everyone to see. Just like that old song "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine". So when people look at my house or even at me and my family and they see a bright glow, I want them to ask "what is that bright light, and where is it coming from?" The answer is Jesus. He is the light within us. He is the light of the world, He lights our paths and He lights up our lives. Praise The Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment