Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Bowling Gate.

I went bowling last week with 50 of my fellow co-workers to take part in a fundraiser for an agency here in town that mentors kids. They have big brother/sister type of programs and some others as well. As we were bowling, laughing and carrying on, I felt The Lord speaking to me. He was telling me to take a look down the lanes after each bowler had finished their frame.

I heard Him ask me, "what do you see?" I told Him that I saw the bowling gate coming down and sweeping the lane clear from the frame before. "You're right He said."

He told me "see son, that is how I operate. No matter what you have done the frame before, I'm like that bowling gate sweeping everything away. I make everything clean and new for the next one."

Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT)
22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.
 
Every morning is a fresh start with God. Unlike the bowling alley, God doesn't keep score. He blots out our sins. He doesn't keep track of them.
 
Isaiah 43:25 (MSG)
25 “But I, yes I, am the one
    who takes care of your sins—that’s what I do.
    I don’t keep a list of your sins.
 
This doesn't mean that we can keep on sinning. God asks us to repent and seek His Kingdom!
 

Revelation 2:5 (NLT)
Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you don’t repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches.

Don't know about you, but I repent and want my lampstand to stay lit and stay right where it is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment