Monday, April 6, 2020

SCARED!

Scared! That's what communities across this great nation are becoming more of. As this pandemic grows and spreads, people are becoming scared. Scared of catching this virus and possibly passing away. Scared that a family member might get it and pass away. Scared that they might pass it on to someone else. Believe me, it is scary. All those possibilities. The experts recommend wear face masks, gloves. Stay six feet apart. We are learning new words and phrases during this time. Stay in Place. Social Distancing. The list goes on and on. I'll admit that when this first started I was kind of casual towards it. Now that it keeps inching and inching closer to home, I'm taking it a lot more serious. Still not scared, but more cautious.

Psalm 56:3-4 (NLT)
But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
I praise God for what he has promised.
    I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?
 
We, as a nation are scared now more than ever. We need to put our trust back in God. He is in control. We need to let Him move and do His thing. Healing, redeeming, comforting, saving. We keep looking at this from our human mindset. We need to try and see it from God's perspective.
 
Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.
 
We don't understand what is going on with this pandemic. It seems out of control. God knows exactly what is happening, and He is going to use this for His glory!
 
So, as death, fear and chaos seem to be all around us with this pandemic, remember this. Fear not. God is with us. God is for us. Whom shall we be afraid!

 
Psalm 23:4 (ESV)
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[a]
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
 
So, don't worry or be scared. God is with us as we go through this, together!
 
Joshua 1:9 (NLT)
This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
 
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment