Thursday, October 8, 2026

Frog(Toad) In A Pit.

The title sounds like a cool metal show moment. Having a frog or toad in a pit. How cool would that be?? But that's not what this is about. Bummer, I know.

So in our backyard we have a fire pit, that we have never used. It sits back there collecting water when it rains and leaves when the trees start shedding them. When it starts drying out, the water will usually turn to mud or a sludgy type of stuff. I try to empty it out every now and then, but not often enough.

So anyway,

I'm mowing the yard the other day and I'm going around the edge of said fire pit. I have one tire hooked on the inside of the metal ring and I'm going around the circle. Cutting the grass that grows between the ring and the concrete blocks.

I look down and I see this frog/toad trying desperately to get out of the muck and the mire inside the pit. It was franticly moving up and sliding back down. Over and over it tried to get out, away from the dangerous mower. It couldn't figure it's way out, or have somebody to help the poor little fellow out.

I started thinking about me. Before I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I was stuck in the same kind of pit. Filled with mud, muck and mire! The more I tried to get out on my own, the further down I slid. Finally, one day I just accepted my fate. This would be my life. Going around and around the rest of my life. Stuck in this pit forever. 

Or so I thought!

Then one day I was invited to church by my then girlfriend (now wife). I went, not expecting anything to happen. The moment we walked through the door I could feel something different. We took our seats and the music started playing. I felt like God had called me that day to accept Him, so I did. I opened up my arms for His embrace and opened my heart for Him to come in and change me.

I finally met The person who could pull me up and out of the pit that I thought I would be stuck in for the rest of my life! Jesus Christ is that person.

He took me out of the mud, muck, slime, and set my feet on His firm foundation. Hallelujah! 

Psalm 40:2 New Living Translation

2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.

So I encourage you. If you find yourself in a similar situation as the frog/toad, turn to The One who can change all of that. Jesus Christ is the answer.

God bless.

Rev. Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment