Thursday, August 4, 2011

Done!!

I am done with Facebook. At least for a while anyway! It was a great tool to use to get back in touch with some family and friends that I haven't seen in awhile. It was a great tool for when my Dad passed away. To get the word out, and get things situated with long distance family! It also has been a good tool to use to witness for Jesus! But now it feels more like an idol to me. I feel like I have to check in every couple of hours to see what the latest buzz is. I am constantly thinking about signing in and browsing around! Seeing what's up with this person, or that person. It has gotten to be to much.

I am going to start putting my efforts into being a much better husband! A much better father! A much better student! Less time on the computer checking on everyone else, and start spending more quality time with my family and my studies.

For those of you who do not know, I am going to school to be a pastor. Yes you heard me correctly, a pastor. I felt this call of God late last summer, early fall. I started classes last January and all I need are three more to get my license. One more year of eight classes and I can be a certifed pastor. Another year to take ordained classes. Then you have to be invited to be ordained.

I am surprised at the lack of support for my decision to take these classes. Oh my wife is on board 100%. It's just other people whom I thought would be very excited for me, but seem not to be. Unfortunately I have had to lose some *friends* along this new path. Friends who seem to be stuck in the past. I have moved on in my life, to a much better place. The unwillingness to believe is unreal! I don't make fun of them for still sitting in a bar 25 years after graduating high school, so don't make fun of me for the direction I am taking.

For forty years I was a huge sinner. I was a drinker, a party'r,  a fornicator, a liar, looking out for myself and didn't care who got hurt along the way.

Three months after my 40th birthday, God came a calling and pulled me out of all that junk. Praise the Lord! I am saved and living for Jesus everyday now. Some people just can't grasp this. I pray for them. That they can have what I have. Everyone needs Jesus! He is the answer to every problem, every situation. Praise GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment