Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two More Classes

I have two more classes to complete, then I'll be a liscenced minister/pastor. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be where I'm at now, I would not have believed it. Me a pastor? Yeah right. Good joke right?

It was gently expressed to me about this time last year that I look into taking some classes to further along my study of the Bible. I thought, hmmmmmm, that would be interesting, so I signed up to take four classes originally. After my first class was finished, I thought to myself "I could see myself doing even more than the original four". So after my fourth class, I asked the regestration person if I could continue to come even though I had only signed up for the four classes. She told me that I could and I didn't have to re-register. Awesome!

So now I am starting my seventh class out of eight. It has been a real blast so far. The fellowship with all of the other people doing the same thing that I am doing is incredible. We only meet once a month with a three and a half hour overview of the  material on Friday night, and then on Saturday morning, we take our test and then have classroom application.

I never ever in my life thought that I could ever attend a college class. I really didn't like high school to much, so the thought of doing more classes didn't really excite me to much. After the first one, I thought "I can do this". And I have. Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ,c who gives me strength.

God has something big instore for me. I just have to be patient. I believe this is the first step in his plan for me. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope

So I continue on. I believe that God has called me to this. I shall wait and see where it goes from here. Praise GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment