Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas Present.

I ordered a Christmas gift online the other day that I needed for our family Christmas party on Saturday. I thought that I ordered it in plenty of time to get it before the party. Then I got the email, stating that the estimated time of delivery would be between 12/16 - 12/19. I'm like "what?" I need it at least by the 17th. So if it came on the 16th or 17th, I would be good. I started tracking the package the very next day. The website updated, now saying it would deliver on the 19th. No good. Not cool Robert Frost! It would say things like, in route from here to there. In transit, blah, blah, blah. Still saying the 19th. Then on Friday it says that it is in route to the Sycamore post office. I'm like "sweet, I'll just go pick it up before they deliver it." I go over to the post office and inquire about picking up said package. The clerk proceeds to tell me that they have received in four pallets of packages that they have not gone through yet. If I wanted too, I could call them before 9:00 the next morning and if it was there, they would hold it for me. I woke up around 8:30ish and debated whether or not I should call. I decided not to as I remembered what the clerk said the day before, about how busy they were. I didn't want to bother them, so I didn't. I decided to put into Gods hands. I would trust that if He wanted it to be delivered on Saturday, it would be. I went back to the tracking website and to my surprise it said that it was out for delivery. Delivery on the 16th. Praise God! He came through once again, like always. I went out to our mailbox a little while later that day and viola, it was there. Hallelujah. Brought it in the house, wrapped it, and took it to the party and gave it to the person whom it was supposed to go to. All the time I am thinking, that if I can trust God for something as small as this, waiting for a package to deliver on a specific day, how much more can I trust Him with everything else! God is into details, big or small, and I thank Him for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment