Monday, April 23, 2018

Desire Of My Heart.

Psalm 37:4 New Living Translation (NLT) 4 Take delight in the Lord,and he will give you your heart’s desires. I am taking a class at work every Tuesday night. This past Tuesday, when we got out of class, it was still daylight out. On my way home I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me to go for a walk. It was about 32-33 degrees that night. I don't normally go for a walk when it is that chilly. I told my wife that I wanted to go for a walk, and to see if she wanted to go with me. She said that she would like to join me. We walked for a little over a mile and started to head home. In the nighttime sky there was a crescent moon. While I was admiring it I noticed a very bright light close to the moon. I asked my wife if it might be a planet. She said no, it is probably a satellite or something because it was blinking. Then she pointed out that I have a pair of binoculars at home that I could get out and take a "closer" look (my binoculars are good, but not telescope good). I agreed, and we continued walking, looking at the sky. In the backyard of our house, we have an owl that hoots all night long and into the morning. I have always wanted to see an owl, but never have been able to. To just see one flying, or sitting, or anything, but alas, nothing. We have lived in two houses in Sycamore and both of them have had owls in our backyards. When I would hear them hooting, I would go get a flashlight and run out into the backyard, only to be disappointed. So anyway, back to the walk and the moon. We get home and go inside. I go and grab my binoculars head out onto the deck to take a look at the moon and bright light. I could see the moon clearly, but the bright light, was still just a bright light. Could not make anything out, except that it was not blinking. I panned back over to the moon, looking at it in amazement, then pan back over to the bright light. Just as I panned, an owl came flying right into my view through the binoculars. It's wings spread wide, just gliding effortlessly. Then it landed on top of a tree a few houses down from us, and just sat there looking around. I was beside myself. I could not believe it. After all these years, it finally happened. It was like God was reminding me that He is still here. That He still loves me, and wants to give me the desire of my heart. I was delighting in His creation of the moon, and He produced an owl for me to see. It was really cool to see how He set this all up. From the prompting to take a walk even when it was chilly. To pointing us in the right direction to even notice the bright light next to the moon. To having a set of binoculars to look through. He set everything in motion for this to happen, and for that I am thankful. Thank You Lord for loving me and caring about me. Even in the small things, such as being able to see an owl, God is faithful! He loves us. Unconditionally. Psalm 136:26 New Living Translation(NLT)26 Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever. Thank You Lord! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment