Saturday, April 28, 2018

Being Watched!

Christian, you are being watched! You are being watched in every aspect of your life, by the non believer. Every thing you say and do is being scrutinized. Everything and I mean everything is being monitored whether you know it or not. They are waiting for you to stumble or fall. To say or do something un-Christ like. They cannot wait to point a finger at us, and tell us that wasn't very Christ like. We are not perfect. We are still human, so we are still going to mess up. God is still working on us. The people that I work with are no different. They know me and what I stand for. They know that I am a Christian and also a pastor. Because of that, I think that I am being watched even more so than usual. It wasn't more evident than this past week at work. As many of you know or may not know, I wear Christian t-shirts to work, almost everyday. Co-workers comment on them all the time. What a cool shirt. What a good word or message being portrayed. Well, I have one shirt that was given to me as a Christmas present. I asked for it, and got it. It is a Marvel comic hero. They have made a t.v. show about him on Netflix. I really enjoyed watching the show, but it's not for everyone. It is very violent and bloody. So anyway, I wear this shirt to work. My Christian shirts get a few comments here and there. I wear this super hero shirt, and everybody loses their minds. Since Christmas I have only worn it two times to work. When I wear it, everybody comes out of the woodwork to make a comment on it. Some like it, some don't. Most point out, that it is directly opposite of the other shirts that I wear. So that is what I mean when I say we are being watched. When I wear my Christian t-shirts, only a few people seem to notice. But when I wear the other shirt, everyone notices. People are paying attention. I have received more comments on the super hero shirt than I ever have on my Christian shirts. So no mater how much you strive to show and do good, people are going to point out that one thing.

1 Peter 2:12 New Living Translation (NLT)12 Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.

2 Corinthians 6:3 New Living Translation (NLT)3 We live in such a way that no one will stumble because of us, and no one will find fault with our ministry.

So if wearing this shirt to work might cause someone to stumble, then I may have to think twice about wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment