Thursday, May 3, 2018

Little Flashing Lights.

On our docks at work, we have what's called a dock lock. It is a mechanism that will hold the trailer to the dock with a hook. It curves around the trailers bumper to keep it from moving away from the dock. You activate it from inside the building. You push the lock button and a green light will start to flash, letting you know it is okay to enter the trailer. When you push un-lock, a red light will flash indicating do not enter the trailer. If the hook doesn't sense that there is anything there when you push the lock button, and alarm will go off and then you have to push the override button. The trailer is still hooked to the dock, but with both lights flashing, instead of just the green or the red.

So today as we were loading a trailer, I started to stare at the green and red lights flashing on the control board. According to the panel the trailer was both locked and unlocked at the same time. That got me to thinking about God and what He has said about the world. To be in it, but not to be of it.

1 John 2:15 New Living Translation (NLT)Do Not Love This World 15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.

The green light flashing reminded me that I am in the world. Green means go, and be part of the world and take part in its wickedness and sinfulness. The red light means stop. Do not go any farther. Reminding me that I am not supposed to be of the world. God has called me out of the world. To be different than.

Matthew 6:24 New Living Translation (NLT)24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other.

The red and green lights flashing simultaneously had me thinking about the above verse. I cannot be both locked and unlocked at the same exact time. For I will hate one (locked) and love the other (unlocked). I would rather be unlocked and free for Christ who died for me and gave me life, than locked into they ways of the world, that lead to death and destruction.

I don't want to have to push the override button to choose Jesus. If there is ever a conflict, Jesus is my choice ALWAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment