Saturday, May 12, 2018

Ode To My Mom!

My mom has always supported me. From the time I was born 51 years ago, till right now, as a grown adult. Everything I have ever done in my life (well most things) my mom has supported me. I have made some pretty dumb decisions or choices I'm sure that she would/did not like. For the most part she has supported me and my brothers. From buying us our first baseball gloves, so we could play catch together. To attending all of our little league games. All of our concerts, plays and whatever else in grade school, she was always there. As we moved up in our baseball system and started traveling to different towns to play ball in, she was there. She had to work, but yet she always found time to make it to our games. She taught me how to drive and then provided a car for me to drive. Playing high school football, she was there. Even though I never played, she would still come and sit there anyway. She would always take on the arduous task of having to wash my grass stained uniform pants. She would listen as I started telling her about girls that I liked, and wanted to ask out. Then listen to me lament about my heartbreak about being turned down by said girls. As I grew into adulthood, she supported me there as well. As I told her I was getting married for the first time, she supported that decision. She even had the wedding at her house, in the basement. As I was going through my divorce, her support was unwavering. She told me that whatever I needed, she would do her best to help me out. Then when I met another woman, and was about to propose, my mom was the first call I made to let her know what I was about to do. Guess what? She supported that as well. Then a few years later, I decided to go ministry school. We all went out for dinner the night I told my mom of my plans. At first she wasn't so sure, but she supported my choice anyway. Her support has always been 100%. Always unwavering and strong. Never judging me or my choices.


She is the best mom in the world. You will never see me go on Jerry Springer, or any of those other trash talk shows complaining about my parents, childhood, or how I grew up. I love my mom and absolutely loved, loved, loved my childhood. We never went hungry. We always had clothes. Always had a roof over our heads and beds to sleep on. We never went without. My mom would sacrifice to make sure that didn't happen.

Deuteronomy 5:16 New Living Translation (NLT)16 “Honor your father and mother, as the Lord your God commanded you.

Mom, I sure hope that I have honored you with the way that I have lived my life. I hope that I have made you proud of the person that I am today. You have loved me un-conditionally all my life. I could not have asked for a better mother. I love you mom!!

God bless you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment