Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Corner of the Table.

I was following a friends two year old child out of a room one day at church. She walked out the door and came precariously close to the sharp, pointy edge of a table just outside the door. My friend told me that she knows how to come very close and yet not get hurt. That got me to thinking about people and sinning. How close can they dance on the edge of sin, without really sinning. My thought was, why would you even want to be close to that line. The gray area as it's called. One misstep, or stumble and next thing you know, you are in sin. Why play around? Get as far away as possible. Two steps towards God, are two steps away from sin. The closer you get to God, the farther away you get from sin.

I know the Bible says in Romans 3:23 New King James Version (NKJV)23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23 New Living Translation (NLT)23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. I don't know about you, but I want to be in the glory of God.

Ephesians 2:4-5 New Living Translation (NLT)4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)

Thank The Lord for His mercy. For giving us life even when we don't deserve it. So why would you still want to walk that close to sin? Where you can die, be removed from God's presence, I choose to walk closer with my God and get further away from sin and all it's consequences. So thank you for the lesson little one. Even though I doubt you even know what you did. God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment