Sunday, June 23, 2019

Have You Ever Felt....................(adjective)?

Have you ever felt _________ fill in the blank. Down, disappointed, frustrated. Depressed, upset, anxious. Hurt, lonely, forgotten, unwanted? If we are honest, we've all been here before. Maybe even more than one at a time. I know I've sure been there before. Even as an adult. It still happens to this day. People say unpleasant things to us, or do mean things. Try to take away our joy, our happiness. Sometimes we really give people this kind of power over us. We try to please everyone, and we just can't do it. There will always be somebody who is upset or mad with you, because you didn't do something exactly they way that they wanted. That is when I really dig into God's word. Look to Him for comfort in these situations.

Galatians 1:10(NLT)
10 Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.

When I'm at my job, obviously I want my boss to be happy with my work. I want my co-workers to know that I am giving my best and will be there for them. Although, what  I am really doing is seeking God's approval above all else. He is the one that I am trying to please. I want my work, my attitude, my speech and actions to be a pleasing aroma to my God!

Colossians 3:23-25(MSG)
22-25 Servants, do what you’re told by your earthly masters. And don’t just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you’ll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you’re serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. Being a follower of Jesus doesn’t cover up bad work.

Aren't you glad that you aren't defined by people. People will let us down, time after time. Our identity comes from Jesus Christ. He alone is whom I want to be identified with.

1 Peter 2:9-10(MSG)
9-10 But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

So if the enemy comes calling and starts whispering in your ear that you're not good enough, smart enough, whatever enough. Tell him that you are a child of The Most High God. He alone tells me what I am, in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment