Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Why Do You??

It is a question I am asked quite a bit. What is it you may ask? "Why do you volunteer so much?"  "What do you mean?" I reply. People want to know why I volunteer so many hours for the Feed My Starving Children mobile pack event. That answer is an easy one. First, God called us to do it. It says so in His word.

Isaiah 58:10(NLT)
10 Feed the hungry,
    and help those in trouble.
Then your light will shine out from the darkness,
    and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.
 
Then people want to know why I volunteer handing out food to people in our community with Northern Illinois Food Bank. Once again, God tells us in His word.
 
Matthew 25:35-40(NLT)35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’

Now I'm not calling the people coming to pick up food 'the least of these'. They could be down on their luck, or just having a rough season of life right now. If handing them a bag of food shows them the Love of Jesus and that He cares about them by using me, then use me. Here I am Lord! I am Yours. Do what You want. Have Your way!

Why do you do all these walks? Because I believe in what we are walking for, the cause. I believe that a cure can be found for C/F. Breast cancer. Cancer in general. Raising money for all of these causes, will help doctors and scientist discover a cure that God will provide.

Jeremiah 30:17(NLT)
17 I will give you back your health    and heal your wounds,” says the Lord.
 
So that's why I 'do' all this volunteering. I not posting this to say or look how good Keven is, cause I'm not. I'm just trying to be the dude that God wants me to be. If He says it in His word, then I want to be a doer, not a watcher.
 
James 1:22 (NLT)22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

Thank You Lord!






 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment