Monday, March 25, 2024

Brave, Strong.

 These are the words The Lord brought to me recently. Not really sure what He meant for me with these words at the time. Slowly, in His timing He revealed what He meant with each one!

                                                                      Brave: 

When I first became a Christian, I was hungry for more of Jesus and His word, The Bible. A pastor friend of mine knew this about me and asked me if I would want to take some courses to get a Bible certificate. I was interested, very much. It required going to classes on a Friday night and all day Saturday once a month. Taking a test and doing the homework. I applied, paid the fee and was accepted for the classes. I felt very nervous before I started the classes. I hadn't been in a classroom since I graduated high school. How would I do? How would I respond? Would it be worth my time?

I could sense The Holy Spirit saying to me, "Be Brave, I've got you."

Joshua 1:9 New Living Translation

9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

I felt like I was having a moment like Peter did when Jesus called him out of the boat. As long as he kept his focus on Jesus, he stayed above the water. The moment he took his eyes off of Jesus, he began to sink. (Matthew 14:29-31)

I felt that as long as I let Jesus lead the way with these classes, everything would be okay. Not only did they turn out okay, He lead me to take twelve more and become a pastor. Mind blown. I set out to get a Bible certificate and Jesus turned that into becoming a pastor!

Jeremiah 29:11 Living Bible

11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

                                                                   Strong:

I really felt Him telling me to be strong when both of my parents passed away. Dad in 2011, Mom in 2019. I really needed His strength to get through both. I knew where they both were going and would see them again. That was comforting to me. But still, they were gone! What do I do now? 

Ephesians 6:10 New Living Translation

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

I leaned on God. He was my strength and comforter during this time. He was always there. Through every tear and sad moment. I didn't know what was next for me or my family. You think you know, but you don't. Turns your world upside down!

Proverbs 3:5-6 New Living Translation

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

So God showed me how to be brave and strong through very different circumstances. When God gives you a word or two, He will give you a meaning of each one. What it means for you. I know these events all happened years ago, but I think that God was giving me a reminder of who He is, and what He has done. He can do the same for you.

God bless.
Rev. Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment