Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Starting Over!

 Have you ever had to start over, ever, at something? I've had to, many times. Was laid off from a job that I had worked at for ten years. Was off work for two years before I was offered a position at a new company. I had to start over with pay, vacation time and seniority! I was at the bottom again, of everything! Was not any fun at all. Has taken me twelve years to get ahead of where I was when I was laid off.

Got divorced. Had to start my life over again, only this time as a single dad. Had to find a different place to live. Get separate everything. Car insurance, cell phone plans. Started having to go to the laundry mat. Again, not much fun.

Had a car loan for a number of years, only to get it paid off when something happens and you have to purchase another car. Had to start over with a car payment. Ugh!

It's not fun having to start over. Would much rather stay the course, but unfortunately things happen.

But...........

One day in July, 2007, my life started over. On July 22nd, 2007 I accepted Jesus as my Lord & Savior. My life forever changed. My slate was wiped clean!

2 Corinthians 5:17 New Living Translation

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

A few years later a friend of mine urged me to take some ministry classes, because he knew I was hungry for more of God! I hadn't taken any kind of class since I graduated high school several years before.

I started over at schooling, taking ISOM classes. To my astonishment, I did very well. I passed all of my testing and interviews and became a pastor. Starting over!

Isaiah 6:8 New Living Translation

8 Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.”

Not going to lie. I was very nervous/scared to start over at everything listed here. Like I said, it's not very fun to do. But, God was with me, even if I couldn't feel it.

Isaiah 41:10 New Living Translation

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

So I encourage you tonight. If you are at a starting over stage in your life. Trust in God. He has the best plan for your life. Even if you don't see it at the moment.

God bless.

Rev. Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment