Sunday, May 24, 2020

Faith, Is a Partnership.

"Don't you trust Jesus?" "What" I respond back. "You are still wearing a mask, don't you trust Jesus to protect you from getting the virus?" Why, yes I do trust Jesus to protect me from contracting this deadly virus. I have faith that He will keep me from getting ill. But having faith in Jesus, is a two way street. It is a partnership with Him. He will always do His part, but He asks us to participate also.

Amos 3:3 New Living Translation (NLT)
Can two people walk together
    without agreeing on the direction?


Do I lack faith or trust if I wear a seatbelt in the car? No. I still trust that He will keep me safe while driving or riding in a car. He does His part and we have to do ours, by putting on the seatbelt.

Same thing with wearing steel toe boots at work. He provides the boots for me, all I have to do is put them on. Really can be said with any kind of PPE. Gloves, safety glasses, hard helmets, etc, etc. All we have to do, is simply put them on.

Not hard to do. All we have too do is participate.

James 2:24 The Message (MSG)21-24 Wasn’t our ancestor Abraham “made right with God by works” when he placed his son Isaac on the sacrificial altar? Isn’t it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works? That the works are “works of faith”? The full meaning of “believe” in the Scripture sentence, “Abraham believed God and was set right with God,” includes his action. It’s that mesh of believing and acting that got Abraham named “God’s friend.” Is it not evident that a person is made right with God not by a barren faith but by faith fruitful in works?

So I will continue to trust God with every aspect of my life. Doesn't meant that I'll stop wearing a seatbelt, steel toe shoes, or whatever else He wants me to put on, to help me.

James 1:17 New Living Translation (NLT)17 Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

All the things mentioned above are good and perfect. Provided us by God. All we have to do is use them.
Amen!







No comments:

Post a Comment