Saturday, May 2, 2020

Not For Me. For You!

So as this stay in place order drags on, entering it's second full month in Illinois, people are starting to become antsy. More and more impatient with having to stay at home. Only to go to work (if you're essential) and then come right back home again. Having to wear masks where ever we go now. Only go out to get groceries if absolutely necessary. Wear gloves, don't touch anything, especially your face! Some people are starting to get so fed up, that we who are following these recommendations they are calling us scared. That we are living in fear. This virus isn't really as bad as they say. They spout off and say that they are healthy, they won't get the virus, so they shouldn't have to do all of what is being said to take precautions. Well my friends. This isn't about you!

John 15:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

So until I am told that I am no longer required to wear a mask, gloves, get my temperature taken before I can enter work, stay six feet apart. I am going to comply with said orders. I am not a doctor or a medical professional. Are these practices working? Who knows for sure. The one thing I do know.

I am not doing this for me. I am doing this for you. I am not worried about getting sick. But I am worried that I might be a carrier and pass it on to you or someone you love. Have you ever seen anyone struggling to breathe? Even while on a ventilator? It's not a comforting sight. I pray that you'll never have to.

I have friends and family who have compromised immune systems. I used to see them quite a bit, but with all this going on, I haven't been able to. It is because I don't want to be the reason that they get sick and could possibly pass away, simply because I refused to stay in place!

Philippians 2:4 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.

Yes wearing a mask isn't the most pleasant of experiences. Having someone place a temperature gun against your forehead just to enter work isn't the greatest either. Staying six feet apart when in public. Having to follow all these rules whilst in a grocery store. I'm doing it once again, not for my good, but to for the good of others.

Proverbs 3:27 New Living Translation (NLT)
27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it
    when it’s in your power to help them.
 
Stay safe family and friends.  God Bless.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment