Saturday, December 26, 2020

2020, The Last Week Of.

 I don't know about you, but I am tired of 2020. I am tired of being told to wear a mask where ever I go. Tired of not being able to eat inside a restaurant. Tired of being told whom I can spend time with and who I can't. Where I can travel. Tired of not being able to go to see a movie. I think that you get it. I'm just tired of the whole thing, as I'm sure much of you are. This Christmas season hit me hard this year. With both of my parents gone, not being able to have our annual family Christmas party and not being able to celebrate with my brother & his family, it really got me down. I don't know about you, but I am ready to shake the dust from my sandals as we exit this year.

Matthew 11:28 New Living Translation

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

I do have to admit that this year hasn't been all bad. The place where I work is considered essential, so I have not had to miss any work during this pandemic. I have been able to spend extra time with my daughter that I wouldn't have had if this hadn't have happened. My wife's job told her to work from home, so I get to see much more of her as well. Bonus!

But still, this whole thing is wearing me down. 

I try and be as positive as much as I can at work, or where ever I go. I try and be the light of Jesus to whomever I come across. Say hello, smile, give a little wave. Whatever I can do to let people know that they are seen.

Galatians 6:9 New Living Translation

9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

So I am looking forward to 2021. Do I think that this pandemic is going away? Probably not. At least for not a while anyway.

So as we come to the end of this stink bomb of a year, I am thankful that I have a Savior whom I can rest in. One who encourages me to keep on doing good, even when things aren't so good.

So I urge you brothers and sisters. As we get ready to enter into the new year, and people are tired and weary and worn out from this last one. Tensions are high, emotions are high, tempers flare. Lets remember to be kind to each other. Give each other a break. Don't be so offended by everything.

Ephesians 4:32 Amplified Bible

32 Be kind and helpful to one another, tender-hearted [compassionate, understanding], forgiving one another [readily and freely], just as God in Christ also forgave you.

Happy New Year. God bless you all.

Keven

No comments:

Post a Comment