Tuesday, December 1, 2020

One Year.

Today marks the one year anniversary of my moms passing. It has been the fastest, yet slowest year of  my life. I had often thought of how I would react when she would pass. Let me tell you, it has been nothing like I thought it would be. I always thought that I would be a hot  mess. Bawling like a baby all the time. Not going to work, never getting dressed. Not facing reality. It has been nothing like that at all. I give credit to God for my reaction to her passing.

Proverbs 3:5 New Living Translation

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

You see, in the my mind, I thought that I would be out of control with emotions. God told me to trust in Him, so that is what I did. He has comforted me through this past year. I have felt His presence every minute, hour, day and month for the last year regarding my mom.

There has been a song running through my head that have they lyrics "It's Been One Week." I'm not sure who sings it, but I am going to change the word week to year.

It's been One Year since:

I got the call that you thought you were coming to the end of it all.

I was able to look at you and have you look back at me. 

Kiss your face.

Tell you I love you and you understood.

Hold your hand.

You said my name.

I miss all of this and more. I miss the fact that I just can't pick up the phone and call you for advice. Just come over and visit you.

You are loved and missed by many, many, many people. You definitely left a legacy for those who knew you.

Matthew 5:4 New Living Translation

4 God blesses those who mourn for they will be comforted.

I know that I have been blessed and comforted during this time by friends and family who either called, texted, visited or just plain listened. You all are a blessing to me and my family!

Philippians 4:7 Amplified Bible

7 And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].

I pray that we all continue to feel this peace as we head into the second year and all the years to come.

God bless you all.

Keven

No comments:

Post a Comment