Friday, December 11, 2020

Clearing The Windshield.

My wife and I went shopping today. She went into the store as I waited for her in the van. It started to rain, so I turned on the wipers to clear the windshield. I'm watching the rain drops collect all over the windshield and then the wipers come and clear it away. I watch this a few times and I can feel the Holy Spirit saying to me, "this is how I clear your sins away." Your sins can and will collect on you, but Jesus came to take them all away. Essentially cleaning your "windshield".

Psalm 51:1-2 NLT

1 Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. 2 Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.

I (we) sin everyday. Don't really mean or want to, but we still do. Things happen. Stuff comes up and all of a sudden we realize that we have committed a sin. I know that I apologize a lot to God! For things that I say in the heat of the moment. Or a reaction that I have when something that happens to me. I don't know why I still say things that I do. Or still act the way that I do sometimes. It really drives me crazy. I am a work in progress!

Romans 5:8 Amplified Bible

8 But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Can you imagine? Having a God that loves us so much, that He sent His one and only Son to die for us, even though we were still sinners!

I watched today that even though the rain came and covered my windshield and the wipers cleared it off. The windshield wipers only kept the windshield clear for a moment and then was covered again.

That's how Jesus is. He came and paid the ultimate price for our sin. Our "windshield" has been cleaned, but then we sinned again. 

Romans 6:23 The Message

22-23 But now that you’ve found you don’t have to listen to sin tell you what to do, and have discovered the delight of listening to God telling you, what a surprise! A whole, healed, put-together life right now, with more and more of life on the way! Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God’s gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master.

We deserve death because of the sins that we have committed. Jesus came and took on the wages of  sin Himself when He was crucified at Golgotha!

I pray that I (we) live as if Jesus' death wasn't for nothing. That we live Holy and upstanding lives. For Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment