Friday, April 5, 2024

End. Of. Watch.

 End Of Watch Definition:

The date and time at which a police officer was killed while on duty .

Unfortunately, we had an end of watch happen last week right before Easter. A county deputy was killed after being involved in an accident while on duty. Not going to go into all the details. You can go online and read about what happened.

I want to talk about how this has affected me! 

I don't know why this hit me so hard. 

I had never met the officer. Did not know her at all. All I knew is that she was a DeKalb County deputy. This hit really close to home. I have several friends and family that are in law enforcement. City officer, state trooper & FBI agent. My father in law was a lieutenant in the county sheriffs office in Iowa. I think that is what is affecting me. That this could have happened to anyone of my family or friends. I thank God that nothing has happened to them.

I pray for my brothers and sisters in blue everyday. 

I pray for God's protection for no matter what call they answer. Domestic, active shooter, car accident, robbery, the calls go on and on. I went on a ride along with a friend who was a city officer. The stuff he had to deal with just on the day I went along. He told me that was a good day. I can't possibly imagine the things that he has to deal with on a daily basis. A call could seem like a normal call, then in an instant could turn very bad. The same could be said for my state trooper friend. He patrols the tollway. A traffic stop could seem routine, but you never know what you could encounter. FBI agent, oh my. Can't even think about what they have to deal with.

So I pray for God's protection over them. Let nothing bad happen to them or come against them. Give them wisdom and knowledge on how to handle situations as they arise. Help them to feel your presence more than ever before. Protect them and keep them safe. In the name of Jesus, AMEN!

Matthew 5:9 Amplified Bible

9 “Blessed [spiritually calm with life-joy in God’s favor] are the makers and maintainers of peace, for they will [express His character and] be called the sons of God.

God bless all of our officers, no matter what level you are at. May God protect you and keep you safe.

Rev. Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment