Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Buried!

 Have you thought about your burial plans? I mean the plans that you make for what happens to you after you pass? Am I getting buried. If I am where at? What kind of casket? Am I getting cremated and then buried? Or am I going to get cremated and then sit on someone's shelf or mantle? So many choices to make. We usually make our wishes known to our loved ones so they know what to do after we pass. Of course, they want to honor your last wishes. My mom requested that she be late to her own funeral. So guess what, she was!

So why am I bringing this all up you may be asking yourself. Good question.

My thought is, who cares! After your gone, do you really care where you are buried or laid to rest at? I mean it's good for the family. To have have a place of remembrance to go to. But you're not there. Your body isn't there. Your soul isn't there. Just a tombstone and a casket filled with ashes. Maybe some flowers surround the gravesite. Maybe not. 

Trust me. I'm not going to care. My race will be over. No more cares or worries. No more aches and pains. No more tears. I'll be home with my Lord & Savior, Jesus. 

2 Corinthians 5:8 New Living Translation

8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.

So many people make elaborate plans for their burials. Expensive caskets. Tombstones made out of expensive stone or marble. Can be quite the burden for the family if not properly planned for. Again I ask, why? Why all the expense? Use that money for something more productive. Throw a huge party and invite everyone. Have a grand time with each other. Because after time, people will stop going to the cemetery to visit you. Or go less often than they used too. But the memories you would make throwing a party would last forever! Remember that time? Nobody ever says "remember that time that we went to the cemetery?" 

Psalm 146:4 New Living Translation

4 When they breathe their last, they return to the earth, and all their plans die with them. 

So all the plans we make before we pass about our service, our burial, everything dies with us.

So I say that it doesn't matter where I get buried. Yes, I want to get buried in the same cemetery as my family. But like I said before, none of us will be there.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 The Message

6-7 Life, lovely while it lasts, is soon over. Life as we know it, precious and beautiful, ends. The body is put back in the same ground it came from. The spirit returns to God, who first breathed it.

My only plan after I pass away is to be sitting at the feet of Jesus. Worshipping my Lord!

God bless.

Rev. Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment