Saturday, June 15, 2024

What Matters Most!

 How many of us have seen something happen or seen someone in need and not stop to help. We are either on our way to work, school or even church. It seems like there is always something on a timed schedule that we can not be late too. At least in our minds.

A car accident. Car with a flat tire. Someone needing a ride because their car broke down. We think, "not today." "Don't have time for this inconvenience!" So we just keep right on going. Heaven forbid we should be late somewhere, helping someone else out. Can't stop and help, might get my hands or clothes dirty. Be late for a date with your significant other. Doctors appointment. Your child's sporting or school event. Then there is the safety factor that we worry about. Is this person safe to give a ride to. Is it safe to stop and help out. There are many, many excuses we can come up with not to stop and help others. We carry on without giving it a second thought. Not our reality. When in reality God wanted to use you right there in that situation that you came across.

Hebrews 13:16 The Message

16 Make sure you don’t take things for granted and go slack in working for the common good; share what you have with others. God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship—a different kind of “sacrifice”—that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets.

Every morning I pray that God will use me in a mighty way. To bring someone across my path whom I can show the light of Jesus too. To be His hands and feet. How can I pray that, and then see someone in need and ignore it. That would be hypocritical of me, wouldn't it. God would answer that prayer and then for me to say "not today or right now." " I have somewhere I need to be." When in fact God has you right where you need to be at just the right moment. It is not a coincidence or by chance.

I pray that God will give me the eyes to see people and situations they way that He sees them. To put my life on hold for a moment to help someone out in need. I don't want to miss the things that matter most.

Proverbs 3:27 The Message

27 Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person.

Jesus Himself knows what it is like to be interrupted or inconvenienced. The Bible speaks of many times Jesus was on His way some place only to be interrupted by someone in need. He didn't balk and say come back tomorrow. He stopped, listened and healed. If that is what was needed.

I pray that we handled life's interruptions and inconveniences like Jesus does. With compassion and grace.

God Bless.
Rev. Kev.


No comments:

Post a Comment