Tuesday, October 4, 2011

On The Verge.

Eleven months ago I went hiking at Starved Rock. I went to one of the canyons there and watched something unfold before me that I thought was a message from GOD. I watched some of the falling leaves block a stream of water from the waterfall. I watched as the water finally built up enough pressure to breakthrough the pile of leaves, and start flowing again. I watched this happen twice at two different locations. I thought that GOD was revealing to me that I was going to have a breakthrough of my own. I didn't know what or how, I just felt like I was going to.

I feel like I am on the verge of that breakthrough now. I have had a second interview with a compnay here in town. I have been out of work for over a year and some change now. So that is promising. I am one class away from the possibility of being a certified pastor. That is also promising. See now you know why I feel like I am on the verge of this breakthrough. I knew when I went hiking that I was going to take the ministry classes. What I didn't know, was that GOD was going to double "my" plan. I had originally signed up for just four classes. GOD increased me to the full eight. See I had "my" plan, but GOD had other plans for me.

So I don't know if He is going to call me into full time ministry, or get a job and work part time in ministry. I'll leave that up to GOD to decide. The job that I am interviewing for is only a seasonal job. Maybe this is GOD's way of saying work for a short amount of time while I get you ready for the next step.

I'll just praise and worship GOD while I am waiting. It is hard to be patient. We all want things done in our own time. Have to learn and to let go and let GOD.

Galatians 6:9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment