Monday, October 17, 2011

Water Baptism.

My daughter and I were both water baptized yesterday at church. That is the full immersion in water. We were both baptized by the sprinkling of water on our forehead when we were younger and didn't have a choice. Our parents made that choice for us. Now that we are both saved and at the age of accountability, we wanted to do it because we chose to.
It was awesome that it happened on the same weekend that I took my final ISOM class for the year. I am going to ministry school, and yet had not been water baptized. I have been an elder/board memeber at my church for over a year and a half and still hadn't been water baptized. I felt like something was missing. I knew in the back of my mind that I needed to get baptized. I didn't feel right representing the church and studying to be a  minister and knowing that I hadn't been baptized as an adult yet.

So our pastor's put it in on the church calendar, and asked anyone interested in doing it to let them know. I signed up right away. Then I asked my daughter what she thought about it. She took some time to think about it and then said yes, that she wanted to do it also. So we did. I have never been prouder of my daughter. To make that commitment to Christ of her own free will! Awesome! PRAISE THE LORD!!

1 Peter 3:
21 And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment