Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Break through

During the summer of 2010, I would go hiking at Starved Rock once a week. I would go down and walk the paths, alone, and pray and meditate. I would always pray the same prayer everytime I went down there. I would pray for revealation, for a job, college, whatever God wanted me to do. So I was doing this for about six weeks! The second week of November I figured it would be the last few nice days to go hiking, before the cold weather hit. So I drove down there on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. All summer long, all the waterfalls were dry because of a lack of rain. I would still go there anyway, hoping to see their beauty. That Monday in November, I was going to walk on a different trail, when I heard God telling me to go to a certain waterfall. I argued with Him about going there. I was like "really God, there is nothing there, all dried up". He told me to go anyway. So I did. When I arrived there, the water was flowing like you couldn't believe. I couldn't believe! So I walk down deep into the canyon and really close to the waterfall. I was only there about five minutes when I noticed that the water was starting to pool up with a collection of leaves blocking it from going forward. In a couple minutes time, I noticed the water starting to break through the leaves and start flowing down to the next level of the canyon. The set of steps in the rocks that I used to climb up there, were starting to get covered with water. So I quickly make my way back down to the next level, before I got trapped in there. Then I noticed the water starting to pool up again, with the fallen leaves blocking it from moving forward. I wondered how long it would take the water to break through the leaves and start flowing again. It was only a couple of minutes at the most. So I climb out of the canyon and start heading for a different trail, when I realize, God just showed me something incredible. He was showing me that I am or that my family will have a break through with something coming up.

I should mention that I had gone to a job fair the week before, and when I got home from Starved Rock, I recieved a call, telling me that I had a second interview with that company. Could this be the break through? I was hoping and praying that it was! It wasn't meant to be. I went to the second interview and haven't recieved a call back.

So I guess the meaning of this post is, to be persistent in your prayers! Always pray for the same thing until it is answered! It may be one day, it may be one year or even ten. Keep praying anyway. God is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment