Monday, January 17, 2011

ISOM

ISOM = Illinois School of Ministry!

My father in law was out visiting in August. He is a Pastor out in California. We were talking about God and the Holy Spirits leading. I was hearing some things, but wasn't sure exactly what it was. He told me to and talk to my Pastor, so I did. He told me to get away by myself someplace and pray for some revealation from the Holy Spirit. So I went hiking at Starved Rock a few times, by myself, praying.

My friend from church is

 attending ISOM. He had been going since early in the year of 2010. While I was praying, I got the curiosity of asking him about ISOM. So I did. He gave me the link for the ISOM website, so I could check it out myself. I looked at it, researched it, and asked questions about going there. So I printed off the paper work I needed to enroll. I sent in all the forms and payments. A little while later, I recieved in the mail, my information packet. I was accepted! In this packet contained my student id, info on how to get to the school, some more general infromation.

I was excited about this! Was this the breakthrough that God had showed me while down at Starved Rock? I prayed some more, for more revealtion. The door keeps opening for these classes. I am not intending on being a Pastor, but if it is God's will, then so be it! Maybe this is the reason that I am still unemployed. If I had a job, I wouldn't be able to get off of work in time to go to class. The classes are one weekend a month, and start on Friday night and finish on Saturday afternoon. They are down at Lincoln, Il! That is at least a two or more hour drive for me. My friend and I are also able to be roommates together while we are down there. Plus my Pastor is teaching the first class. So I am praising God for all of this. I praise God for having the time off to be able to go down there. I praise God for having someone I know to room with. I praise God for having my Pastor teach the first class. If this all works out and I do become a Pastor or minister, I'll praise God for that also. If it does not work out, and I just get more educated with the Bible, then I'll praise God for that too!

So this weekend is my first weekend of ISOM! I am very excited to see what God has planned for me!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment