Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trust in God

In January of 2005, our company shut down manufacturing operations and became just a distribution center. They let over 40 people go, but kept four. I was one of the four. I went through all of the questions of why me. Why did they keep me and not some of the more experienced workers. Then in June of 2007, I met the woman who would become my wife at the company co-ed softball league. I didn't know it then, but I found out later, God wanted us to meet. That is why He kept me on at my job. That following fall of 2008, after we returned from our honeymoon,  my wife found out she was losing her job. Then in the spring of 2009, I found out I was losing my job. So God kept the door open at this company long enough for us both to meet, then He closed that door and has something else planned for us. My wife found a job after about four months, I on the other hand have been layed off since June, 2010. I am just trusting God and waiting patiently on Him. I know that he has something awesome for us! The first few weeks of being layed off, I have seen or have heard the following Bible verse.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New Living Translation)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

I put all my trust into this verse, that God does have something amazing planned for me and my family! I keep praising Him, and glorifying Him!
So I am trusting GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment