Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Practical application

My first class at ISOM was Relationships and Ethics. My home Pastor taught the class, and it was awesome. He told us that every time we meet someone it was an oppurtunity for relationship. So this is where the practical application comes in.

On Friday morning of ISOM, I had to work a shift at the hospital. I was supposed to work from 7-9. When I woke up to take my shower and get ready to head out, I noticed that I had a minor pain in my gums. I went on to work, and then went home and finished getting ready for our trip down to ISOM. Met my friend at his house and we started out on our four hour trip to Carlinville. The whole trip down, I noticed that my mouth started to hurt a little more. After our class was over, I asked my friend if he had any Advil. He told me that he did, so I took some, to see if that would help. I thought that I just had a scratch or a cut inside my mouth. We woke up Saturday morning to go to breakfast and I noticed that my mouth was hurting even more. So I asked for some more Advil. He was like "man, whats going on"? So we finished our class and headed for home. The whole drive back, my mouth was hurting more and more. It was hurting so much by the time I arrived home, my wife and I were looking for an immediate care that was open. Unfortunately, no place was open. I gave my dentist an emergency call, and he prescribed some anti-biotics and to call in Monday for a follow up. The next morning, when I woke up to go to church, my mouth was hurting like it never hurt before. I went to a walk in clinic and was told that it was a dental problem! Although, the doctor did prescribe some pain meds.

So after church and after all of the football games, I logged onto Facebook. I posted something on my wall about being in such pain from my mouth, that I hoped to get into the dentist the next day. I am friends with my hygienst on Facebook. She emailed me right away and asked me if I wanted her to contact the doctor for me. I told her that I would like that very much. She emailed me back a little while later and told me that they had an emergency opening at 8:00 in the morning. I did not have to call, just show up. She took care of everything for me. Plus she instructed them to take good care of me. I ended up having an absess and needed an emergency root canal. All is well now, praise GOD!!

So, all because of one post on Facebook and my relationship with my friend, I was able to get into the dentist right away and get my problem taken care of! Praise GOD! I was thinking back on our class at ISOM about relationships, and I thought that this was the perfect example of it! Here we are just learning about it, and here it is, making a life application right away. Praise GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment