Friday, January 14, 2011

Jump Start

My cousin called me one day to see if I was home. I told her that I was. She then asked me if I had a pair of jumper cables. I told her I would look to see, and that if I did, I would be right over with them. Well I looked in the trunk of my car, and to my surprise I actually had them. So I headed over to her house to help her out. I pulled onto the farside of their driveway, thinking that we could put her vehicle in neutral and push it out to jump it. I went up and rang the doorbell, she answered and out we went to jump start her vehicle. She climbs in the drivers seat, puts the key in the ignition, turns it, and nothing. She can not shift the car into neutral. Ok, so now what? Well I looked at the opening of their door and thought that I maybe could squeeze my car in far enough to get the cables hooked up. Sure enough it worked. (praise God). Then I had just enough room to open my door without dinging her car (praise God #2). Then the next question was, are our batteries on the correct sides for the cables to reach. Her battery was on the right side, my battery was on the left side (praise God #3). Ok, final question. Would the cables be long enough to reach from my battery to hers? We stretched them out as far as they could go, and guess what........It worked. Just enough length to hook up to each others terminals (praise God #4). So I hooked up the cables to the batteries and my cousin got in to start her vehicle. She cranked and cranked and still nothing. We both came to the same conclusion at about the same time. I was supposed to be in my car, reving the engine. So I climb back in my car, carefully and pressed the gas pedal down. Sure enough, within a couple of seconds, her vehicle started right up (praise God # 5). So my little Ford Focus started her gianormous SUV! So God knew exactly what we needed, how much cable and how much room to get my car in the garage to get the job done! It is awesome to see God working right in the moment that you are in! I give God all the glory for this event. It wasn't because of me that this all worked out, it was because of Him! Prasie God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment