Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reflections!

I ran into an old high school friend last week, while out running errands. I haven't seen him in over fifteen years. While talking with him, I found out that he is a Christian and also the worship leader at a local church. He invited me to come to one of their services. I thanked him for the invite, but I would not be able to attend, as I am an elder at our church! He was very happy for me, as I was for him! We told each other that it was nice to see each other again after so many years.

While driving home and still thinking about our conversation, I started to reflect on my high school years. I am friends with many of my classmates on Facebook. I'll take a guess and say that at least over three quarters of them are saved and Christians! Praise GOD! My class in high school was one of the hardest partying classes ever. I mean, we were in high school in the middle '80's. It was sex, drugs, rock and roll, and MTV! I mean it was heavy metal concerts on the weekends. Kegger parties, etc, etc.

So while I was reflecting back on those days and comparing them to the way we are now, praise GOD for changing our hearts and attitudes! Thank You Jesus for taking control of our lives and for ever changing them for the better. To serve You, worship You, praise You, to live for You! Nothing short of amazing! I pray that God will continue to change and save even more of my classmates lives. There are many more out there, that need to know the truth about Jesus and His saving grace; His tender mercy, if you repent and turn your life over to Him!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment